Friday, July 25, 2014

What's it All For Anyway?

I stepped back from blogging for a couple of weeks. I tend to do that when I start feeling pressured to blog or like I have to always come up with meaningful blog posts that others will like and share. It stresses me out and I end up retreating and losing my motivation to blog altogether.

I didn't start this blog to have tons of followers or even to have a lot of people reading it. I like blogging and documenting our everyday life so I or my family have something to look back on. Scrapbooking was an epic fail and something I now realize is just something I would like to do but in reality never happens. Blogging was much simpler to do and keep up with.

But just like the Mommy Wars where we moms are always comparing and judging each other, I started to feel that the more time I spent reading and being out in the blog world. It didn't feel good and I was actually nervous about any post I put out there. Would people want to read it? Was it good enough? Do they really want to see what we did today?

That was when I knew something had to change or I would begin to hate blogging and that is not what I want. I want to be able to post what I want, it's my blog for goodness sakes!

So here I am, jumping back in and doing things my way. Ah, I can already feel a sense of relief. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! I love hearing from you!